Sunday, October 27, 2013

Microscope Photography


      Technology has and always will have an impact on art. When I was browsing the internet a few years ago I found an awesome video of a man doing photography art with paint, a microscope, a tripod and camera. This video made me realize I can use many different technologies for art. The world of art has been opened up by all different technologies. The idea of microscopes and cameras for photo art amazed me a I hope to inspire others as well. I also would love to show my students that it is totally okay for them to think way outside the box and give it is try. If they fail them we can rethink how to get the results they want. It is always important to try!
       In art it is important to always think out side of the box. Using third party tools that wouldn’t normally be used for art is always a great idea. This will enhance the art. This was not the only time I saw a microscope being used for art. When I was at the natural history museum in NYC I was looking at these beautiful art photos. I began to read the blurb on the wall and realized it is photography through a microscope of different types of moths. Within nature itself there is so much art. I can see art almost everywhere in nature. I find myself connecting a lot to nature. Bugs such as moths have fantastic patterns and when photographed close up it is just an amazing experience. Unfortunately for us who would like to work with photos and microscopes it is still rather expensive but hopefully like all technology as time goes on the price will eventually drop.     

1 comment:

  1. I had an art teacher in high school that had us do a project based on this! Seveso’s work is so beautiful and inspiring. We had to play around with different liquid materials with different colors. It was fun to participate in something like that, but capturing the moment like Seveso is impossible without the right tools. Like you said, the technology he uses is very expensive, and chances are that a school will not help you out with buying them. I’m sure the technology will be available to us someday…

    ReplyDelete