Friday, November 15, 2013

Nail Art

        Being an art major it is sometimes hard to sit and think about how you are going to make money in the future. I see my job as a teacher to not only help students learn about art but I want to give them the ability to take their strong point/concentration and make them the best at it and make them money with it. It is important for students to know how they can use their craft in the real world. As an example I will be discussing nail art and how there is a market for it. Nail art has been up and coming in the past few years. Nail art or 3D nails is a demanding craft now. I have personally found nail art through the internet and various social media sites. Once again the internet has come in handy for artists. 3D nail art consists of the powder used to create acrylic tips and is used in a decorative form. As of now it is rather difficult to find nail salons that specialize in this type of miniature works of art. I am glad to say I live in the metro area and have found a few nail salons that are good at this technique. In the next year or so I can see many nail salons creating 3D works of nail art. As a teacher, I will inspire children to take their craft and make them money with it. It is important that students see the business potential and value in their works of art.
Examples



2 comments:

  1. I have never heard about this 3D Nail art before. I knew there were art forms of designs and gel for nails, but I had not heard of the 3D Nail art. I think this is a fantastic way for artists to show their creations through nails. I agree with you that the internet has played a huge role in getting this new "technology" out there. If the internet was not around I do not believe that people would have heard about this. The internet serves as the largest technological tool that has been around for a long time to society. I think you will have great success in encouraging your students to take their artwork and earn some cash at the same time..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen 3D Nail art before. Honestly I do not know how I feel about it. However somebody is earning good money from this artistic idea. You bring up a very good point. As an art teacher, you do want your students to thrive in the arts. It is important that we show them ways that they can make some sort of career out of art. Like you said, the internet has helped a lot of artists. We can reach out to people all around the world that have similar passions than we do. With more communications, we can learn more, as well as teach our students more.

    ReplyDelete