Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Collaboration Canvas


I have remixed the Hamlet Canvas on PLAY. I thought it would be a great idea to get art students involved with making sets for plays. In high school I had to make a set for a play and thought it was a great opportunity. I enjoy when art can be presented in real life jobs others than being an artist. The process of remixing this canvas was frustrating because there were so many boxes that it would get distorted every time I moved something. The hardest part for me was coming up with an idea of how to relate it to anyones canvas. In the canvas I remixed I added how to create a background/set for a play. Soliloquies are nothing without a dramatic place to be told in. I added the idea that the set is just as important as the story being told. This play will forever be remembered and the set should be as well. I also added the idea that a student doesn't have to become and artist but could potentially work for a large company making art in the style of backgrounds. This gives real life example of how someone can get an awesome job by making sets for plays!     

No comments:

Post a Comment